Teaching Methodology & Personality Development
The teachers at Cadet College Khushab work on the following guidelines to adopt a suitable teaching methodology:
- Each student is considered mentally capable, intelligent and competent to follow instruction and develop his potentials if he is provided with healthy learning environments.
- Classroom activities remain learner focused instead of teacher focused, aiming individual attention.
- Development of curiosity, creative thinking and sense of enquiry in the cadets through assignments and individual as well as group projects on a variety of topics.
The academic year starts in the month of April. During the session periodic tests tests are conducted on weekly basis.
The medium of instruction in the institution is English. The cadets follow the textbooks prepared by the Pubjab Textbook Board. For the examinations of Secondary School Certificate / Higher Secondary School Certificate, i.e. Matric and F.Sc (Pre-Engineering/Pre-Medical/ICS), the institution is affiliated with BISE Sargodha.
On successful completion of the prescribed courses of studies, cadets are promoted to the higher classes at the end of the academic year. Those attaining top positions are awarded prizes and merit certificates. Following medals are awarded on the event of Annual Parents Day and Prize Distribution Ceremony to such cadets:
- Patron-in-Chief Gold Medals for first position in the college in Pre-Engineering, Pre-Medical and ICS.
- Chairman Board of Governors Gold Medals for first position in the college in Matric.
- CEO / Principal’s Certificate of Merit for securing first position in any class of Pre-School.
A dedicated team of energetic teachers impart education to the cadets with a broad vision and understanding. They perform a missionary role. They are motivated by the desire to impart knowledge for shaping the destiny of the cadets given under their charge.
The College Council comprises: the Principal, the Vice Principal / three senior most faculty members. The council acts as the brain trust of the college. It is primarily responsible for formulation and devising educational policies and programmes. All important decisions are taken by the Principal after due consultation with the members of the College Council.
Character building and moral grooming are essential parts of the academic discipline. In view of this, Islamiyat is taught as a compulsory subject to all classes. The morning assembly begins with recitation from the Holy Quaran followed by its translation into English and Urdu. Congregational prayers in the college mosque are compulsory for all cadets. The college ‘Khateeb’ teaches ‘Nazira Quran’ in the morning as well as in the afternoon. The annual Qiraat / Hamad-o-Naat competition is a regular part of the religious discipline. Religious and national days are celebrated with religious fervour, enthusiasm and solemnity at the college.